Information and updates on Chiemi and the Chiemi Trio are listed below. Be sure to check back regularly for updates.
- "Chiemi: A Lawyer and Singer..." in "Off the Shelf" by Doug Holder, Somerville News - 8/9/06
- "Ibbetson Update/Interview with Chiemi a singer/songwriter who is blessed"
- "Living on 2 Coasts, off of the album of the same title by Chiemi, was voted in by the AALAM board as the theme song for the [BNN television] program." - Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly - 1/30/06
- "New Toast Poetry With a Folky Flare" & "With a New Host 'Toast' on The Rise This Winter" - Somerville News - 12/21/2005
For more details, please see Chiemi's Corner
- On October 19th from 5-5:30 PM, Chiemi will be hosting the first AALAM show on BNN, interviewing her first guest, BCLS Clinical Professor Carwina Weng on cultural considerations, teaching it in the practice of law and serving the Asian communities in Boston. After Chiemi's June interview, AALAM got offered their own show, which the Board voted in this year. The theme song for the show is "Living on Two Coasts," off of Chiemi's album of the same name that she released this year (available at Newbury Comics, CD Spins, the Boston College Bookstore and www.cdbaby.com).
B&L News - 9/15/2005 - 10/5/2005
- Love is still one of the sweet mysteries of life. Some consider it a form of madness. So often the person who we are attracted to or who we fall for, defies all logic and reason. And we wouldn't have it any other way. Chiemi, a local singer and songwriter, explores this thing called 'love' in her poem, 'What Fools Call Love.'
"Lyrical Somerville" by Doug Holder - 8/26/2005
- The Alewife - 8/11/2005
- Newton Magazine - 6/2005
- The Newton Tab - 6/7/2005
- It was like old times when Chiemi, a singer-songwriter, who is best known for helping to put together CD "The Burren Project," and who regularly performed at our Friday night poetry readings, sang songs from her own new CD 'Living on Two Coasts.' Chiemi, who was her chipper self and in strong voice, said her album is being sold at CD Spins in Davis Square, as well as Bull Moose Music stores in Maine
The Somerville News - 5/10/2005
- Asian American Lawyers Association's Member Newsletter - 5/2005 (pg 5)
- Chiemi's latest album, "Living on 2 Coasts," was recorded at NightTrain Studios, which has posted information on their website about the recording.
- The Heights, "The Scene: Double Eagle does double duty on album and in life" - 3/31/2005
- Chiemi, originally from Hawaii, and now a practicing lawyer in the Boston area, revealed that her CD deals with her formative years in Hawaii, and her new life in Boston. She said the album is a link between then and now.
The Somerville News - 2/28/2005
- Before the event started, Chiemi, a singer/songwriter who performs at many of these events, talked about the readings at the Toast Lounge, and her own poetic sensibilities: "I am not a poet person really, but if I didn't write music I would write poetry. I love Toast because of the intimate atmosphere. I like my music close to people.
The Somerville News - 1/24/2005
- Asian American Lawyers Association's Member Newsletter - 2/2005 (pg 4)
- The Somerville News - 1/6/2005
- Asian American Lawyers Association's Member Newsletter - 9/2004
- The Somerville News - 7/7/2004
- The Somerville News - The Burren Project - 4/21/2004
- Sounds Unlimited Fireside Chat with Chiemi - 2/2004
- The Heights, "In The Spotlight" - 2/3/2004
Select photos of Chiemi and the Chiemi Trio at various appearances. As new photos are added regularly, please check back for updates.
Chiemi @ The Nameless Coffeehouse, featured with Bill McQuaid, Tombstone Blues & Janet Connerney, hosted by Daniel Gewertz of the Boston Herald. Photos by Joshua Goodman
Performing at the Sherman Café on 5/7/06 (photos by Dianne Robitaille)
Performing as part of the "Americana Showcase" 4/9/06 @ The Zeitgeist, hosted by Jason Fickel
Getting done up for a gig by Charles at Maksou Salon headquarters.
Photo Art by Ken Bernstein
11/15/05 Photos and motorcycle courtesy of Charles Maksou
Chiemi Trio at Brown & Brew. Chiemi rocks out with "Tigger," her new maple-top Taylor T5 hollow-body; DeepC with new Djembe from Ghana; Sean Dennehy jammin' as usual.
11/15/05 Brown & Brew photos by James Pray
Chiemi at Toast Lounge 10/9/05. Beginning in February, Chiemi is slated to take over hosting The Somerville News Poetry Series @ Toast, which is anticipated to include performances of lyrics with instrumentation by other musicians as well as readings. Those interested should contact Chiemi this coming January. The Series was founded by Doug Holder in June 2004.
10/9/05 Toast photos by Dianne Robitaille
Folk Chic Nite at Skybar w/ Holly, Chiemi, Lisa Locke and Pam Steinfeld on 8/11/05. Lisa has set up a page on Folk Chic Nite that you can visit by clicking here.
Folk Chic Nite w/ Sean Dennehy and DeepC 8/11/05
Chiemi at the Borders Books & Music Café in Cambridge with Sean Dennehy and DeepC on 6/11/05
Chiemi with Katrina Winzeler at the CD release party for Living on 2 Coasts at The Burren on 3/23/05
The Chiemi Trio: Sean Dennehy, Chiemi and DeepC at the CD release party for Living on 2 Coasts at The Burren on 3/23/05
Chiemi's New Groove — Chiemi told Somerville News about a new album she is in process with — Somerville News 9/15/04 issue
News photo by Neil W. McCabe from the Somerville News
PA's Lounge with Sammy James (percussion) and Sean Dennehy (lead guitar)
Toast in Somerville — opening for the Paula Kelley Orchestra
(Photo Courtesy of Somerville News)
10/29/04 at Toast Lounge
Neil W. McCabe, Editor, Somerville News
Dalia's with DeepC and Sean Dennehy